The story begins in 1875 when a piece of land was gifted by William Fry Foster of Le Court, with the additional sum of £5000 to commence the build of the church.
Over the road on the corner is the old 13th century church of St John’s, now a Grade II listed building. The chancel has been maintained to shelter the effigy in alabaster of Dame Margery Caryll, dated 1632. Nearby is an old yew tree over 1,020 yrs old and approx. 21ft in girth.