Currently we are considering getting a new Printer and have our eyes on the Canon Pro 1000 which you can purchase via a number of places including Amazon and Wex Photographic. Notice how the prices vary quite somewhat. In fact Wex have dropped their price it seems from when I last took a look.
What will we use it for?
The plan will be to produce great quality prints to sell via this website, an online store is in the works at the moment. So this also means I am going to start learning more about the different kinds of papers we can use and the sizes.
A certain number of tests will be carried out and the output from these will be used to put up on the walls of my office and around our house. I think we shall have an immense amount of fun doing this and developing the process.
Having achieved the above, I will then be able to add more detail to the product listings and actively promote what I am doing.
So overall I would look into doing:
- Selling wall prints to customers. Images from my current collection, such as coastal scenes, Rome and other cities. I will also in addition offer bespoke services for businesses who want to create wall prints of their premises or local landmarks.
- Framing services potentially
- Headshot and portrait prints for customers who have attended my pop-up studio (more on this another day)
- We are looking at attending craft fairs
- Producing prints for other photographers
Choosing my Paper
Document the journey
I will probably write about my experiences of course 🙂